sabato 15 novembre 2008

DIY Lace Earrings

So I finally managed to have some DIY projects ready to post in time for Christmas. I hope you will enjoy them and maybe you could even take some hints for your little handmade presents ;-)

This first project is a really easy and quick one for making lace earrings.

You will need:


You can use every sort of lace/lace like/embroidered trimmings but be sure to choose one with a well defined pattern and easy to cut. Also, a thick trimming will work best so maybe you would iron it using a spray starch to add extra crispness.

Cut the lace shape following the outlines


A bit of transparent nail polish (or glue) will fix everything


Insert the jump ring and the eye pin, then add the beads


After shortening the eye pin, make a small loop at the top, add the earwires and...


...done!

29 commenti:

Sally Jane Vintage ha detto...

How pretty and clever!

Kelsie.Lynn ha detto...

very cute idea..i love that pattern of lace too

Trains and Sewing Machines ha detto...

This is such a good idea!!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse ha detto...

These are stunning. Thanks so much for sharing.

Anonimo ha detto...

What a good idea! I'm preparing sommethgg smilar with ribbons and seashells!

MDS* ha detto...

Great idea!
:O

Zanita ha detto...

oh sooo cute! note to self, next project, earrings

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE ha detto...

how cute! i'll have to try this out. though, i'm not very good at making earrings. maybe i should practice more.

Wendy ha detto...

Such a great DIY, the earrings look darling.

Thu ha detto...

that's pretty cool! good choice with the lace.

Dear Sonea ha detto...

how clever!

adorable blog

Anonimo ha detto...

good guide!unfortunately i can't use it because I don't have my ears pierced..

Cynthia ha detto...

This is so nice, thank you for sharing. I want to make mine, right now !

prisintan ha detto...

waww, i gorgeous earings ! :D

etta ha detto...

Great idea! I have to try it too.

Miss Urbanita ha detto...

You are a hand-wizard!

the healthy ghost ha detto...

Thanks for the trick

INES ha detto...

that's so cute
i could never do that

Anonimo ha detto...

those are too pretty!!!

muchlove ha detto...

oh I love this idea! I want to try it out.

Milly ha detto...

great idea!..real pretty

L.I.N ha detto...

wow fantastic!!!

Anonimo ha detto...

Hey ! i didnt know your blog i found out it randomly love the articles and especially the name "Cupcakes diary" ! i will come back soon for sure ;)
a très Bientot !
Bouchra//boubou

Zornitsa ha detto...

Thanks for sharing this. It is very interesting.

Anonimo ha detto...

I love this idea! Maybe it is just me, but I went to Goodwill and it was very hard for me to find any lace trimming. Do you know where I can find thick lace trimming for this project?

AlicePleasance ha detto...

@ Jennifer: you can look for lace trimmings at fabric stores, but also on Etsy (etsy.com) you can find very nice ones :-)

MzMelody ha detto...

These are gorgeous. I have made some cool earrings on my Etsy.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/mzmelody808

Gugu ha detto...

interesting project! I put a link to your blog from mine!

Guenda http://guendastoptoptips.blogspot.com/

Irene ha detto...

I like it!thanks:D
http://tobchic.blogspot.com